We’re returning to one of our favourite events in Derby again this year. The 2016 Derby Folk Festival is the 10th to be held right in the centre of Derby. We’ll be in our gazebo with the Craft Fair that occupies the marquee and the little tent village on the Market Place.
This Year’s Festival stars Folk Music Icons, Fairport Convention.
Fairport Convention has been making great music for nearly fifty years.
Credited with originating British folk-rock music, the band has been through many changes but the current members retain a passion for live performance.
Fairport Convention has attracted critical acclaim: the band has won a coveted BBC Lifetime Achievement Award; Radio 2 listeners voted Fairport’s ground-breaking album Liege & Lief ‘The Most Influential Folk Album of All Time’; and their story has been celebrated with a major documentary on BBC Four television.
Fairport Convention features Simon Nicol on guitar and vocals, Dave Pegg on bass guitar, Chris Leslie on fiddle, mandolin and vocals, Ric Sanders on violin and Gerry Conway on drums and percussion.
Whether you are a long-time fan or a newcomer to their music, an evening with Fairport Convention is sure to surprise and delight you.
But there’s so much else to see and do. There’ll be dancing throughout the day in Market Square and in the surrounding streets. You can visit us in the Craft Fair to pick up some gifts or treats for yourself.
LoveTaliesin Jewellery at Derby Folk Festival
When you come and see us at Derby Folk Festival, you will find that our ever-growing collection now includes:
- Pendants, earrings, brooches and bracelets hand-painted by Sue with special effect paint and protected by a resin dome.
- Pendants and Earrings hand-made from Swarovski Crystal Elements
- Dichroic Glass Bracelets, Earrings and Pendants
- Gemstone chip bracelets
- Stunning hand-made Steampunk pendants and brooches
- Acrylic Butterfly brooches, pendants and earrings
- Sterling Silver Rings
- 925 Silver Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and studs
- Earrings, Pendants, Bookmarks, Charm Bracelets and Necklaces hand-made from Tibetan Silver Charms
- Glass Nail Files
- … and lots of surprises as new ideas and new products constantly burst from Sue’s creative imagination!
We’ll have all these, and even more beautiful jewellery, in the LoveTaliesin gazebo Derby Folk Festival for this craft fair.