The Moira Canal Festival is a family event held every year on the restored section of the Ashby Canal, at the historic Moira Furnace Museum, on the North West Leicestershire and South Derbyshire border. It aims to raise awareness of, and money for, the restoration, extension and maintenance of the Ashby Canal.
The Ashby Canal is being restored from its current terminus at Snarestone to Moira, Leicestershire. This major project will ultimately reconnect Measham, Oakthorpe, Donisthorpe and Moira to the national waterways network, and provide a green gateway to the Heart of the National Forest.
Moira Furnace is hosting the Inland Waterways Association (IWA) National Trailboat Festival in 2017. There will be lots of activities on and around the water, and an opportunity to find out about the work the IWA does to protect and restore the country’s 6,500 miles of canals and rivers.
How to find Moira Furnace
Follow festival signs to the Moira Furnace Museum, Furnace Lane, Moira, DE12 6AT.
Arriva buses 29 and 29A stop close to the festival site on Saturday and Sunday.
LoveTaliesin Jewellery at Moira Canal Festival
You can pick up some very special offers on hand-made jewellery created from Swarovski Crystal elements, Tibetan Silver Charms and semi-precious gemstones.
See our amazing ranges of hand-made acrylic pendants, brooches and earrings. We also have a beautiful selection of bracelets, earrings, pendants and sets created with abalone (Paua Shell).
When you come and see us at the LoveTaliesin Jewellery Stall at the Ripley Moira Canal Festival, you will find that our ever-growing collection also includes:
- Pendants, earrings, brooches and bracelets hand-painted by Sue with special effect paint and protected by a resin dome
- Dichroic Glass Bracelets, Earrings and Pendants
- Gemstone chip bracelets
- Pewter Earrings and Brooches
- Stunning hand-made Steampunk pendants and brooches
- Enamelled pendant and earring sets
- Sterling Silver Rings
- 925 Silver Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and studs
- Earrings, Pendants, Bookmarks, Charm Bracelets and Necklaces hand-made from Tibetan Silver Charms
- … and lots of surprises as new ideas and new products constantly burst from Sue’s creative imagination!
We’ll have all these, and even more beautiful jewellery, in the LoveTaliesin gazebo.