Street theatre, colourful markets, celebrity speakers, Georgian science and even tumbling horseback acrobats make September’s Stamford Georgian Festival a weekend not to be missed! The Festival itself runs over four days – from Thursday 21st September to Sunday 23rd. However, the Georgian Street Market will be set up on Broad Street on Saturday and Sunday 22nd and 23rd September when you’ll find the LoveTaliesin Jewellery Stall at the heart of the market.
Celebrate Stamford’s colourful heritage and architecture At the Stamford Georgian Festival.
Street theatre, colourful markets, celebrity speakers, Georgian science and even tumbling horseback acrobats make September’s Stamford Georgian Festival a weekend not to be missed.
Starting with a talk on Thursday by author and historian Dan Cruickshank, the South Kesteven District Council funded celebration of the town’s Georgian heritage sees the return of popular highlights from 2015. Back by public demand is our sell-out Georgian Costume Ball and historic venues such as the Town Hall will once again open their doors.
The unmissable programme is a highlight in a golden year as 2017 commemorates the anniversary of Stamford’s award as the first urban conservation area in the country. It’s a chance for the town’s ancient stone buildings to throw open their doors as venues for a busy programme.
Horses and a vintage carriage will again deliver unforgettable rides through the town’s ancient streets and the historic Meadows area will host military encampments and period stallholders.
The last festival in 2015 was a superb event, attracting huge crowds, an estimated £1m boost for local businesses and accommodation providers, a boost to civic pride and an ever higher profile for Stamford as England’s finest stone town.
LoveTaliesin Jewellery at Stamford Georgian Festival Market
We are really excited that we will have another chance to dress up at the Stamford Georgian Festival Market. So when you come and see us, you will not only find Sue and Dave dressed in Georgian finery, you will also be able to see, pick up and buy our jewellery with a special emphasis on Sue’s hand-made and our ethically sourced pieces including:
- Pendants, earrings, brooches and bracelets hand-painted by Sue with special effect paint and protected by a resin dome.
- Pendants and Earrings hand-made from Swarovski Crystal Elements
- Dichroic Glass Bracelets, Earrings and Pendants
- Gemstone chip bracelets
- Pewter Earrings and Brooches
- Pewter Mirrors
- Stunning hand-made Steampunk pendants and brooches
- Enamelled pendant and earring sets
- Acrylic Butterfly brooches, pendants and earrings
- Sterling Silver Rings
- 925 Silver Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and studs
- Earrings, Pendants, Bookmarks, Charm Bracelets and Necklaces hand-made from Tibetan Silver Charms
- Glass Nail Files
- … and lots of surprises as new ideas and new products constantly burst from Sue’s creative imagination!
We’ll have all these, and even more beautiful jewellery, on the LoveTaliesin stall at the Stamford Georgian Festival Market. We’re looking forward to meeting new customers as well as some of the many friends we’ve already made at other events across the East Midlands and beyond..
Check our Facebook Page for more details in the run-up to this festival.